Ceiling ventilation fan catches fire in Moscow apartment

Ceiling ventilation fan catches fire in Moscow apartment »Play Video
Firefighters were able to put the flames out quickly.
MOSCOW, ID - Four people can't sleep in their apartments Tuesday night after a ceiling vent caught on fire in Moscow Wednesday morning.

Moscow Volunteer Fire Department leaders said that an apartment building on West A Street was evacuated around six Wednesday morning. It turns out a ceiling ventilation fan in one of the bathrooms caught fire, and sent smoke into the unit above it. Firefighters were able to put the flames out quickly, and the damage estimate is less than $3,000.

Williams said it would've been a much larger fire if the people living upstairs waited to call 911. No one was injured, and the property owner found other apartments for the people living in the two affected unit.