Moscow Rural Fire Department dispatched to mobile home fire

Moscow Rural Fire Department dispatched to mobile home fire »Play Video
Mobile home was completely engulfed in flames when fire dept. arrived.
MOSCOW, ID - A Latah County home is burnt to the ground and two pets are dead after a mobile home went up in flames Friday night.

The Moscow Rural Fire Department arrived on the scene of a structure fire on Hendrix Road, northeast of Moscow around 8:00 Friday evening.

Battalion Chief Dana Rand said the home was completely engulfed in flames by the time they got there.

"Well, really it's the type of construction," said Rand. "It's pretty typical for a mobile home to be small timber for the walls, so it really doesn't take long for them to burn through."

The home is a total loss, and two pet dogs died in the fire. Rand said there's an estimated $150,00 worth of damage, and based on the location of the fire and witness testimony, he said it was likely caused by an unattended wood stove.