Raspone trial date set after allegedly making death threats

Raspone trial date set after allegedly making death threats
ASOTIN, WA - A local Clarkston man who allegedly made death threats back in August is headed to trial.

A pre-trial hearing was held Monday for 62-year-old Frank Raspone after allegedly threatening to kill the parents of school children last year. Raspone previously pleaded not guilty and has refused the advice of his attorney to postpone the jury trial in order to further investigate and gather an expert witness.

"Do you reject his request?," said Judge William Acey.

"Yes I do, this is something that should have been done way back in September," said Raspone.

The request to reduce the $75,000 bond was denied by the court due to what Judge Acey calls a significant risk for violence occurring. Raspone will appear in court on April 9th.