Kitchen fire on College Hill displaces six WSU students

Kitchen fire on College Hill displaces six WSU students »Play Video
The fire resulted in about $20,000 worth of damage.
PULLMAN, WA - Six Washington State University students will need to find a new place to stay for the rest of the school year. Their house on College Hill caught fire late Thursday night.

Pullman Fire Chief Mike Heston said one of the students discovered the fire in the kitchen of his house on Campus Street around midnight. Heston said the student was able to put out most of the flames with a garden hose, and then entered the house to see if any of his roommates were home. Luckily, no one was inside, and no one got hurt.

Heston said a mechanical issue with the wiring in the stove caused the fire, and it resulted in about $20,000 worth of damage.