College Hill apartment fire caused by clogged heat exchanger for a gas boiler

College Hill apartment fire caused by clogged heat exchanger for a gas boiler »Play Video
The obstruction forced the flames down to the floor and started the fire.
PULLMAN,, WA - Pullman fire officials said a College Hill apartment fire Tuesday morning caused an estimated $8,000 in damage.

It happened at a residence on Hillside Drive at about 9:30 Tuesday morning. Fire Prevention Officer, Rich Dragoo said the fire was caused by a clogged heat exchanger for the gas boiler. The obstruction forced the flames down to the floor and started the fire which spread to the support beams.

Firefighters said no one was hurt, and they were able to save a dog that was secured in a kennel in a smoke-filled room. The dog was unharmed and reunited with his owner.