Idaho Big Game Open House Meeting in Orofino, ID.
March 6 5:00 PM IDFG Clearwater Hatchery located NW of bridge in Ahsahka Idaho Fish & Game (208) 799-5010
Interested individuals can visit with department personnel concerning the proposed season changes and provide their written comments by attending any of four open house meetings scheduled from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the following locations:
• Grangeville: Senior Citizens Center, Tuesday, Feb. 26
• Moscow: Latah County Fairground Exhibit Building, Wednesday, Feb. 27
• Lewiston: IDFG Regional Office, Tuesday, March 5
• Orofino: IDFG Clearwater Hatchery located NW of bridge in Ahsahka, Wednesday, March 6
Proposed changes include:
• Creating a new controlled hunt opportunity for an extra antlerless deer for youth/DAV hunters on private land in units 8, 8A, 10A, 11, 11A, 13, 14, 15, 16 & 18
• Adjustments to elk controlled hunt permit levels in units 11, 13 & 18 following results in this winter’s aerial survey
• Extension of the Palouse Zone B tag either sex season by four days
The open house format allows participants to come and go during the two-hour period and visit with IDFG personnel about the proposals. Written comments collected will be presented to the Fish and Game Commission prior to their March meeting, where final action will be taken.
Grangeville-area bobcat hunters and trappers can meet the mandatory bobcat tagging requirement by presenting their pelts at the Grangeville meeting. All carcasses and pelts must be thawed out prior to tagging. A fee of $2.00 will be charged for each pelt, and an additional $1.75 vendor fee will be charged to each license holder.